We’ve been working with an Irish start-up, Esmerelda Botanicals, since the summer of 2020. Founder of the family-owned perfumery in County Kildare, Niamh O’Connell started the business as a boutique perfumery after achieving certification from the International Perfume Foundation in Milan.
When Covid-19 hit, Niamh did what many businesses have done and altered her plans to produce a product that would be more timely and support health. So, instead of creating a perfume, Niamh created a luxury sanitising spritz – a 100% organic, effective hand sanitiser with a beautiful fragrance.
With Covid-19 an in-person product launch wasn’t possible. We aimed to secure coverage in the national and local business media about the start-up and Niamh’s plans and to achieve consumer coverage for the product itself.
We worked with Esmerelda Botanicals on the following:
- Acting as a trusted advisor to Niamh, as she prepared to launch her start-up business
- Developing a communications strategy for digital and traditional media
- Providing the highest-quality media training
- Arranging brand and product photography
- Identifying PR opportunities
- Writing and issuing press releases
- Coordinating product drops to relevant media and influencers.
Through the implementation of our agreed communications strategy, we secured coverage for Niamh and Esmerelda Botanicals on RTE.ie, TodayFM, VIP Magazine, Evoke.ie, The Sunday Independent, The Business Post, The Kildare Nationalist amongst others. Also, well-known personalities featured the Sanitising Botanical Spritz on their Instagram accounts including Newstalk’s Susan Keogh, Broadcaster Louise Duffy, Author Cathy Kelly, Journalist Laura Bermingham and TodayFM’s Alison Curtis.
We’re continuing to work with Niamh as she grows the business, with new product releases planned for 2021 and beyond.